Brazil Yellow Bourbon
Yellow Bourbon is a naturally occurring mutation of the Red Bourbon variety, first discovered outside Sao Paulo in 1930. While it is still susceptible to coffee leaf rust, it has a early maturation of cherry making it ideal for growing at high altitudes where the fruit of coffee trees usually matures more slowly. It has developed a reputation for elevated sweetness and crisp acidity, making it stand out from typical nutty-tasting Brazilian coffees. We tasted quite a few coffees from Brazil and loved this lot from the farm Cachoeira de Grama in Mogiana. We know you will too.
You’ll taste dried cherry, caramel, sweet almond, raisin and milk chocolate.
- Cup Profile - soft, silky, sweet
- Country of Origin - Brazil
- Growning Region - Mogiana
- Cultivars - Yellow Bourbon
- Processing - natural process
- Elevation - 950 - 1100 masl