Guatemala San Pedro Atitlan
This coffee is from the APROCAFE co-operative in San Pedro, Atitlan. They follow organic practices and pay special attention to the needs of both the soil and the water. They use vermicompost as fertilizer and do all harvesting by hand.
The coffees here develop clean sweetness and sparkling acidity due to the combination of rich volcanic soil, good elevation, an average rainfall of about 2,000 mm, and a relatively cool average temperature. Atitlan’s soil is rich with organic matter; about 90% of the coffee in Atitlan is cultivated along volcanic slopes that surround Lake Atitlan. Daily winds stir the cold lake waters, influencing variations in the microclimates of the region.
pear, grape, chocolate, white tea
- Cup Profile - light, crisp, balanced
- Country of Origin - Guatemala
- Growning Region - San Pedro
- Cultivars - Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai
- Processing - Washed Process
- Elevation - 1550 - 1690 masl