In the past, coffees from Peru have often been viewed as mild and having their place as components of blends as seasonally available. However, in recent years there’s been a movement of coffee producers taking advantage of Peru’s high elevation and prominence of good varieties like Typica, Bourbon, and Caturra by focusing on quality and more organic husbandry methods. This lot from the Cajamarca region represents the work of many of these hard-working individuals and paints a picture of where Peruvian coffee is headed: vibrant and delicious coffees over a wide variety of characters.
almond, milk chocolate, grapefruit
- Cup Profile - smooth, balanced, creamy
- Country of Origin - Peru
- Growning Region - Cajamarca
- Cultivars - Catimor, Caturra, Bourbon, Typica
- Processing - Washed Process
- Elevation - 1600 - 1900 masl